Choosing the right CISM prep course is one of the most important decisions you will make on your journey to become a Certified Information Security Manager.
There are as many different kinds of prep courses as there are students with different learning styles. Successfully passing the CISM exam the first time will save you many hours of studying and the additional exam fees you would have to pay if you fail.
Choosing the training course that work best for your learning style are an essential part of this process. Our mission at CRUSH is to help you succeed by finding the course that best fits your strengths and weaknesses.
So here’s the good news: we have personally researched all of the best CISM certification training courses on the market to make things easier for you! Check out our comparison chart below to help you determine which one best fits your needs.
Top 4 Best CISM Training Courses 2023
- Dooey CISM Training Course
- SuperReview CISM Review Course
- Kaplan CISM Training Course Online (CyberVista CISM)
- ExamPractice CISM Study Materials
1. Dooey CISM Review Course
- Practice Exams: I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase before, “practice makes perfect”. While that couldn’t be more true Dooey CISM incorporates 65 practice quizzes to ensure you learn all the material and don’t see the same questions twice.
- The Real Deal: The Dooey CISM training course includes official CISM® Review Questions & Explanations Database.
- Video Lectures: Over 45 hours of video lectures that are easy to understand and break down the key concepts you need to know. Watch the vieo below to get an idea of the lectures.
2. SuperReview CISM Study Materials
- Updated Content: Certified Information Security updates their CISM course information twice per year to better line-up with ISACA’s exam. Their up-to-date course includes 600 practice questions stemming from 52 practice exams. This helps students to be more accurate in their preparation and more comfortable with the latest version of the exam.
- Free Demo: They are so confident in their course that they let students have a free preview of the course. You can just click the “Preview Now” button on the course page and it will take you to the fully interactive CISM SuperReview. You will be able to view select lessons and even sample some of the practice questions that follow.
- Earn CPE Credit: Certified Information Security Managers are required to earn 40 CPE credits each year to maintain their certification; this course can be counted towards those 40 credits. It is a flexible and affordable online solution to CISM continuing education requirements.
- Guarantee: Students will be allowed to retake the course at no extra charge, if they purchase the SuperReview and do not pass the CISM Exam within 6 months. Students will have to provide the proper notification of exam failure and meet other requirements to qualify for the guarantee.
- Student Support: Students can have their questions answered from renowned course instructor Allen Keele, either over the phone or through email. This is not a common feature among CISM training courses , but very beneficial.
Save 25% on Certified Information Security CISA Course
Get 25% Off Certified Information Security CISM Prep Course
Take 25% Off Certified Information Security CISSP Course
3. Kaplan CISM Training Course Online (CyberVista CISM)
- Best Coverage of Expected Exam Topics and Skills: To understand the topics inside out, you need an instructor that uses detailed explanations and takes you step-by-step through the course coverage journey. The eLearning and On-Demand exam prep methods are designed to give you these advantages and more. The course instructors uses their experience to cover the topics and teach you critical skills so that in the end you can master them and pass your exam. Skills to acquire through the course include IS Governance, Information Security Management, IS Program Development as well as Management, and IS Incident Management.
- Best Course Price: A good course doesn’t just fulfill exam requirements but also ensures that the cost is within the reach of those who need it. The Kaplan CISM course is designed to bring you value at a much affordable price. It includes $99 for the 30-day assessement only Certification Study Package, $339 for the eLearning Package, and $2795 for the On-Demand Course. The price for the On-Demand Course includes a $465 voucher for members, and a $565 exam voucher for non-members.
- Interactive Learning Sessions: The course employs the use of on-demand videos to ensure that you learn interactively through each topic. Interactive and engaging sessions are fun and make it easy to remember the content for long. They include up to 16 hours of on-demand videos and 24 hours of recorded lessons packed with knowledge to make sure that you don’t miss to understand any exam topic.
- A Free Course Retake: The On-Demand Prep Course gives you a guarantee in passing your exam. But incase something happens and you need to redo the exam, then you’re allowed to retake the course for free. This is a way to ensure that you won’t miss the required marks the second time.
- Can Be Difficult to Learn Without Discpline: For pre-recorded videos, a learner might be tempted to leave their studies for the last minute. This may force them to rush through the content leading to information over-load. This challenge is solvable, though, through drawing up a study plan and following through it with discipline.
CHECK CYBERVISTA CISM TRAINING PRICING HERE
4. ExamPractice CISM Study Materials
- Chapter Quizzes: The comprehensive CISM review course covers all 5 domains present on the CISM exam with a quiz at the end of each domain. You are quizzed once you reach an interactive milestone to reinforce course topics and see where your knowledge needs improvement.
- Interactive Training: This CISM review course will prepare you for your exam with a variety of tools including full-motion video, printable materials, quizzes, and more that keeps you engaged. These tools are intended to give you an in-depth training experience. Taught by Kenneth Mayer, a leader in the field of Information Security, the interactive course will allow you to self-pace and re-visit lessons as many times as you like.
- Free Demo: Exam Practice offers a free demo of the CISM review course for you to test out the interactive lessons. All you need to do is click the “Course Demo” button on the CISM course description page and you will have access to a handful of lessons to try out.
- Limited Practice Exams: While Exam Practice does offer quizzes as you study and reach certain milestones, this CISM review course does not offer practice exams. The point of practice exams is to allow you to check your knowledge in a test like setting that will prepare you for the actual exam day.
The CISM is a certification offered by ISACA that evaluates your knowledge in managing enterprise information security teams. In order to become certified with the CISM, you need to pass two separate exams: the Project Management domain exam and the Security domain exam. Taken together, these two exams cover a broad range of management topics that can help any organization—whether it’s in business or government—run more efficiently. Passing the CISM (Chartered Information Security Management) exam is a critical step to your journey to becoming a CISSP.
Many students taking the CISM exam have found that it was not as difficult as you may think. It is definitely a challenging exam, but you can prepare for it by obtaining a CISM training course that fits your learning style. CISM courses often include multiple choice practice questions, video explanations, flash cards and more to ensure you understand all the key concepts to pass the exam. If you want to pass on your first try our advice would be to be confident in yourself because if you feel nervous when you take the exam you will likely do worse. Being well rested during your test is another key factor that can’t be stressed enough.
There is a time limit of 4 hours to complete the exam
You can take the CISM exam at PSI testing locations worldwide. Visit www.isaca.org/examlocations for the latest exam locations and dates.
ISACA (the governing body for the CISM) uses a 200-800 point scale with 450 as the passing mark for the exams.