Choosing the right CEH training course is one of the most important decisions you will make on your journey to become a Certified Ethical Hacker.
The difference between successfully passing or failing the CEH exam largely depends on how well your study materials match your learning style and schedule. You will be spending hundreds of hours studying, so it’s crucial to find the training that is right for you. Using the wrong prep course can cause you to score lower and fail your exam, costing you months of study time and additional exam fees. CRUSH is here to make sure that doesn’t happen!
So here’s the good news: we have researched all of the Best Certified Ethical Hacking online courses on the market to make things easier for you! The comparison chart below will help you determine which one best fits your needs.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a referral fee if you decide to invest in a course listed below. Please only use my links if you feel that I have helped you in your review course decision.
CEH Review Course Discounts & Comparisons
|WEBSITE||Simplilearn CEH||Graduate X CEH||eHacking CEH||Transcender CEH|
|VIDEO LESSONS||32 Hours||50+ Hours||45.5 Hours||None|
|FORMAT||Flex Classroom||Online, Self-Paced||Online, Self-Paced||Online, Self-Paced|
|GUARANTEE||3 Day Money-Back Guarantee||30 Day Money-Back Guarantee||6 Month Pass-Guarantee|
|FREE DEMO||Practice Exam Software Demo|
|FULL-LENGTH PRACTICE EXAMS|
|MOBILE FRIENDLY||Android Only|
|PHONE/EMAIL SUPPORT||Yes, Plus chat anytime 24/5!|
|ONLINE ACCESS||180 Days||180 Days||Lifetime||180 Days|
|GET STARTED||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW||START NOW|
1. SimpliLearn CEH Training Course
2. Graduate X CEH Review Course
2. eHacking CEH Prep Course
4. Transcender CEH Study Materials
Hacking has gone from an obscure term to something that appears in the daily news. In these courses, we’ll get started with what is hacking and understand some of the differences between “white hat” hackers and “black” or “grey” hat hackers. They will cover at a high level what are some of the essential tools a hacker needs to know about and be proficient with as well as the credentials of a hacker and what you can expect when becoming a Certified Ethical Hacker.
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) programs are the core of the most desired information security training system any information security professional will ever want to be in. The CEH, is the first part of a 3 part EC-Council Information Security Track which helps you master hacking technologies. You will become a hacker, but an ethical one!
As the security mindset in any organization must not be limited to the silos of a certain vendor, technologies or pieces of equipment.
These courses are designed to provide you with the tools and techniques used by hackers and information security professionals alike to break into an organization. As we put it, “To beat a hacker, you need to think like a hacker”. These courses will immerse you into the Hacker Mindset so that you will be able to defend against future attacks. It puts you in the driver’s seat of a hands-on environment with a systematic ethical hacking process.
Here, you will be exposed to an entirely different way of achieving optimal information security posture in their organization; by hacking it! You will scan, test, hack and secure your own systems. You will be thought the Five Phases of Ethical Hacking and thought how you can approach your target and succeed at breaking in every time! The five phases include Reconnaissance, Gaining Access, Enumeration, Maintaining Access, and covering your tracks.
The tools and techniques in each of these five phases are provided in detail in an encyclopedic approach to help you identify when an attack has been used against your own targets. Why then is this training called the Certified Ethical Hacker Course? This is because by using the same techniques as the bad guys, you can assess the security posture of an organization with the same approach these malicious hackers use, identify weaknesses and fix the problems before they are identified by the enemy, causing what could potentially be a catastrophic damage to your respective organization.
Throughout CEH courses, you will be immersed in a hacker’s mindset, evaluating not just logical, but physical security
CEH Course Outlines
CEH course has following modules.
- Introduction to ethical hacking
- Foot printing and reconnaissance
- Scanning networks
- System hacking
- Malware threats
- Social engineering
- Denial of service
- Session hijacking
- Hacking web applications
- SQL injection
- Hacking wireless networks
- Hacking web servers
- Hacking mobile platforms
- Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypot
- Cloud computing
In order to be eligible to attempt the CEH certification examination, you may:
Attend Official Training
Attend an official CEH instructor-led training (ILT), computer-based training (CBT), online live training, academic learning or has been certified in a previous version of the credential. See our comparison chart of the best CEH trainings available today.
Attempt Exam without Official Training
- In order to be considered for the EC-Council certification exam without attending official training, candidate must:
- Have at least two years of information security related experience.
- Educational Background that reflects specialization in information security.
- Remit a non-refundable eligibility application fee of USD 100.00
- Submit a completed Exam Eligibility Application Form.
- Purchase an official exam voucher DIRECTLY from EC-Council through https://store.eccouncil.org/
How tough is the CEH exam?
|Number of Questions||125|
|Test Duration:||4 Hours|
|Test Format:||Multiple Choice|
|Test Delivery:||ECC EXAM, VUE|
|Exam Prefix||312-50 (ECC EXAM), 312-50 (VUE)|
How to prepare for the Certified Ethical Hacking Exam
CEH requires knowledge of all the modules mentioned above. You will need the following four resources to prepare for the exam.
- Video lectures
- Practice tests and exam dumps
I will explain each in resource in detail
Your choice of book will help you determine the scope and milestones of your study. I would recommend CEH v9: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 9 Study Guide by Sean-Philip Oriyano. This comprehensive, in-depth review of CEH certification requirements is designed to help you internalize critical information using concise, to-the-point explanations and an easy-to-follow approach to the material.
- Video Lectures
There are a lot of free and paid video lectures that are available on internet. The most effective lectures are from cbtbuggets. Their Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) v9.0 video training course teaches you the ethical hacking tools and techniques needed to improve your network’s security posture. CBT Nuggets trainer Keith Barker walks you through building your own practice lab, including using evaluation software, and encourages you to not only watch and enjoy the videos, but practice everything hands-on in your own lab environment.
CEH Practice Tests and Exam dumps
A lot of exam dumps are available for CEH. In fact, you can easily get through the exam by just having the dumps after 5 day CEH course.
- Cybrary Study guide: Free dumps for preparation of CEH from cybrary.
- Pass4sure braindumps: You will get 125 questions for the cost of about &80
- Passcert braindumps: You will get more than 500 questions for the cost of $60 approximately.
- CCCure Quizzer: A month subscription of this website cost around $49 and contains more than 470 CEH questions. The questions can be arranged in any number and the resource is quite effective in making custom practice sessions. link
Your CEH credential is valid for 3 years. To renew your credential for another 3-year period you need to update your EC-Council Continuing Education (ECE) credit account in the EC-Council Delta portal and submit proof of your earned credits. To maintain your certification, you must earn a total of 120 credits within 3yearsof ECE cycle period
The credits can be earned in many ways including attending conferences, writing research papers, preparing for training classes in a related domain (for instructors), reading materials on related subject matters, taking an exam of a newer version of the certification, attending webinars, and many others.
The average payout to a Certified Ethical Hacker is $71,331 per annum. The salary ranges from $24,760 to $111,502, with a bonus payout between $0.00 and $17,500. Thus, the total salary is approximately between $24,760 $132,322. http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/certified-ethical-hacker-salary/
Career beyond CEH
If you would like to pursue your career beyond CEH, you have many paths you can choose from:
- If you would like to be a licensed security consultant, earn the EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) credential and apply to become a Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT)
- If you would like to become a trainer, apply to become a Certified EC-Council Instructor (CEI).
- If you would like to be a multi-domain expert, earn the Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI), EC-Council VoIP Professional (ECVP), EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer (ECSP) or choose from many other specialized certifications.
- If you would like to earn a master’s degree in IT Security, consider applying for the EC-Council University (ECU) Master of Security Sciences (MSS). By earning the CEH credential you have automatically earned 3 credits towards the degree.
Sample cybrary Test Questions
- Which type of hacker uses their computer knowledge to invade the privacy of others, thereby breaking security laws and rendering the security of information systems weak?
- Security Providing Organization
- Gray Hat
- Black Hat
- White Hat
- How can you establish that policies, configurations and procedural changes/updates are made in a controlled and well-documented environment?
- Vulnerability scanning
- Change management
- Peer review
Sample Passcert Test Questions
- An attacker gains access to a Web server’s database and display the contents of the table that holds all the names, passwords, and other user information. The attacker did this by entering information into the Web site’s user login page that the software’s designers did not expect to be entered. This is an example of what kind of software design problem?
- Insufficient security management
- Insufficient database hardening
- Insufficient exception handling
- Insufficient input validation
- What does a firewall check to prevent particular ports and applications from getting packets into an organization?
- Transport layer port numbers and application layer headers
- Network layer headers and the session layer port numbers
- Application layer port numbers and the transport layer headers
- Presentation layer headers and the session layer port numbers
- To determine if a software program properly handles a wide range of invalid input, a form of automated testing can be used randomly generate invalid input in an attempt to crash the program. What term is commonly used when referring to this type of testing?
Sample CCCure Test Question
- After successfully compromising a company server having the IP 10.15.0.8, a script kiddie wants to enumerate all the devices on the company’s network as fast as possible. Which nmap command would be best for this purpose?
- Nmap –T4 –O 10.15.0.0/24
- Nmap –T4 –V 10.15.0.0/24
- Nmap –T4 –F 10.15.0.0/24
- Nmap –T4 –A 10.15.0.0/24
Top Certified Ethical Hacking Online Training Courses
|Guarantee||On Practice Exam Software Only||3 Day Money-Back Guarantee|
|Online Access||12 Months||180 Days|