Best CBAP Training Course
If you are a professional business analyst, it can be rewarding and profitable to take the next step and obtain your CBAP certification. This worldly-recognized designation will help you stand out among other candidates in the industry when advancing your career.
But which is the best CBAP training course to take?
This guide covers some excellent online options available when exploring a Certified Business Analyst Professional program. Then, you can make the best choice for your schedule and career goals.
Being prepared by going through the most comprehensive coursework will help you succeed when attempting to advance your business analyst career with industry certification.
Top 5 Best CBAP Prep Courses of 2023
While there are dozens of options for business professionals to obtain their CBAP certification training, this guide covers the top five best CBAP training course choices. This way, you can get a clear look at what each program offers, the pros and cons, and the delivery methods to select the best one for your needs and budget.
Then, you can adequately prepare to take the IIBA CBAP certification exam. Here is a quick table of the five best CBAP training courses we review in-depth.
|Dooey||$577 – $1,200|
|Project Management Academy||$1,450 – $1,995|
|Adaptive US||$349 – $949|
While certain budget-friendly CBAP training courses work well for some people, others may require a more comprehensive learning platform. This option may help individuals absorb the material and be more successful when writing the certification exam.
#1 Dooey CBAP Prep Course
Dooey provides numerous vital business courses online for those looking for an accelerated learning option. In addition, their fast-paced learning platform teaches you the essentials in less time than other online platforms.
The CBAP from Dooey features six comprehensive lessons covering self-paced or instructor-led learning. Students receive 56 hours of applied learning and have access to practice and simulation exams to help prepare for the final test.
- Ideal for anyone wanting to complete CBAP in less time
- Aligns with the BABOK Guide Version 3
- Offers self-paced and instructor-led options
- Includes 11 case studies and quizzes
- Provides 35 IIBA PDs/CDUs and 25 PMI PDUs
#2 Project Management Academy CBAP Training Course
Project Management Academy provides training for anyone in the project management and business sectors looking to add to their skill set and advance their career. Their virtual CBAP certification training is an instructor-led course that they guarantee to run regardless of class enrollment size.
This CBAP course option includes several formats to maximize your learning experience, including:
- Live instructor-led training
- Virtual classroom options with an exam simulator
- Video-on-demand to provide a high-quality self-paced method
- In-house course delivery for company groups
Students receive the essential training materials and aids, realistic questions for exam prep, and 90-day access to the online study exam simulator.
Pros & Cons
- Offers various course delivery methods to suit your needs
- Includes flexible schedules from four-day or eight-day options
- Guaranteed to provide this certification course even with low enrollment numbers
- Includes over 1,200 sample CBAP exam questions
- Taught by CBAP professionals in the industry
- All course times are only set in CST to accommodate country-wide learning
#3 KnowledgeHut CBAP® Certification Training Course
KnowledgeHut provides extensive training in more than 100 countries worldwide and has over 400,000 people complete their courses. As an Endorsed Education Provider (EEP) of IIBA, their coursework is considered a premium choice for business professionals in the industry.
This comprehensive CBAP course from KnowledgeHut includes more than 86 hours of self-paced on-demand learning while incorporating 35 hours of live instructor-led online training. The 15 modules cover the essentials in preparing for the Certified Business Analyst Professional exam.
Pros & Cons
- Uses a blended learning approach for the highest benefits
- IIBA® approved courseware from an Endorsed Educational Provider of IIBA
- One-on-one mentorship from industry experts
- Offers exclusive sessions post-training to help kickstart your career
- Uses PRISM, KnowledgeHut’s Immersive Learning platform
- Some individuals may need more time to absorb the material
- Lacks flexible pricing options
#4 Adaptive US CBAP Prep Course
Adaptive US is another excellent choice when you need an IIBA-approved CBAP course. They focus in-depth on the six key knowledge areas which align with BABOK. In addition, with over 2,300 practice exam questions, you can thoroughly prepare for the certification confidently.
Their CBAP certification training includes over 10 hours of video learning, 35 IIBA PD hours, and tools like flashcards and audiobooks. With eight different sessions and 12 exam prep tutorials, you are sure to be ready when it’s time to take the certification test.
Pros & Cons
- Promises a 100% success rate or 100% refund
- Over 95% success rate for first-time exams
- Price protection for their courses
- Available for numerous countries worldwide
- Prerequisites also require two references and a code of conduct
- Project management doesn’t count as business analyst experience for the prerequisite
#5 ILX Group CBAP Training Course E-learning
ILX Group has successfully trained more than 500,000 individuals and over 5,000 corporate clients to adhere to the global standards set out by IIBA. They have a 96% customer satisfaction rate, making them well-suited to anyone wanting to enroll in project management and business analyst courses.
Their CBAP training course covers five business analyst perspectives and six knowledge areas, helping you prepare for the certification exam. In addition, the 13 comprehensive modules within this online training will help you enhance your career once you receive certification.
Pros & Cons
- A compact online course covering 14 hours
- Reliable customer service
- Pricing is affordable
- You don’t have to be an IIBA member to apply for the certification exam
- They only have three simulation test exams
- Best for people with seven to 10 years of experience in the industry
- System compatibility can be challenging for some users to navigate modules and practice exam questions
Other Popular CBAP Courses Online
Of course, these five online learning platforms are just some routes to receive your CBAP training when preparing for your upcoming certification exam. Here are some other options available:
- CPrime CBAP Certification Prep Boot Camp
- Learning Tree IIBA CBAP Training and Certification
- SimpliLearn CBAP Certification Training Course
- ExamLabs CBAP Exam Training Products
Unfortunately, only some courses provide comprehensive practice exam questions or in-depth case studies. However, some individuals may benefit from working through a second exam prep course before writing their certification exam to be better prepared.
You can also browse YouTube for helpful sample questions and tips for exam prep, like these:
- TechCanvas CBAP Exam Numerical Questions
- TechCanvas Case Study Questions
- Intellipaat CBAP Certification Training
- IIBA CBAP & CCBA Certification – Solving Case Study Questions, an IIBA Webinar
General Exam Information
The CBAP certification exam is not included in these programs and will be separate from your training. In that context, it’s critical that you choose a CBAP training course that is recognized and has the tools you need to pass the certification exam after.
Unlike other certification exams, the CBAP is for business analyst professionals with industry experience who want to show and validate their competencies in their field. The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) is the governing body that administers this certification exam and is widely recognized worldwide.
The CBAP exam covers the six core BABOK Guide knowledge areas, which include:
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Elicitation and Collaboration
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Solution Evaluation
- Strategy Analysis
IIBA offers flexible options to take the CBAP exam at a recognized training facility or as an online exam for your convenience. It is a multiple-choice test with 120 questions that you must complete within 3.5 hours. The questions range from case studies to scenario-based situations to cover the information as effectively as possible.
Completing a recognized CBAP training course can keep you on the path to success with certification from the IIBA. However, everyone’s learning style and methods are unique, so you must research the best CBAP training course to suit your needs and career goals. The online platforms in this review guide are excellent choices for anyone who wants to get the Certified Business Analyst Professional status, but they aren’t the only ones.
With that in mind, take your time and explore what each course can give you, how they support you while preparing for the exam, and any benefits they have, such as guarantees or reduced fees. Once you work through your CBAP training course and pass the certification exam, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. As one of the most recognized certifications in the industry, you’ll be better placed for future success.
If you have any additional concerns or thoughts about this highly sought-after business analyst certification, check out the answers to some frequently asked questions below for more information.
How to pass the CBAP exam?
Passing the CBAP certification exam is not a simple task. It will take dedication to learn the coursework and practice the simulation exam questions to prepare to reach a passing grade confidently.
The best way to pass this exam is to take a reputable CBAP certification training course that works with your schedule and allows you to make the most of your coursework. This way, you will absorb the materials and have a higher chance of passing on the first try.
How much does the CBAP exam cost?
Before writing the CBAP certification exam, you must apply to IIBA and provide the prerequisites stating your training and experience. The application fee is $145, and the exam costs will vary depending on if you are an IIBA member. Non-members will pay $505, while members receive a discount and only pay $350 for writing this certification test.
Individuals who are unsuccessful on their first try at receiving a passing grade will have two more chances to write the CBAP exam. They’ll need to submit a rewrite fee of $295 for IIBA members or $450 for non-members.
In addition, the CBAP certification is valid for three years and requires you to recertify to maintain a valid certificate. IIBA members will pay $85, while non-members pay $120 to recertify three years after their original exam date.
How many people pass the CBAP exam?
Passing the CBAP certification test is challenging, and not everyone will pass it on their first attempt, unfortunately. On average, 70% of people will receive a passing grade on the first try.
However, the remaining 30% of individuals typically return for a second or third attempt and successfully receive their CBAP certification. So, if you don’t receive a passing grade on the first try, you aren’t alone. Many other industry professionals like yourself must write the certification more than once to achieve their designation.